Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Based in Texas, the Account Executive will find new customers and manage existing relationships as we continue to grow sales according to the business plan. The ideal candidate is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand into new market segments. This person will have a strong business acumen and an aptitude to learn new things. You will target the following sectors:, U.S. federal civil government accounts, and partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and know the customer segments we sell to. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition and join Planet on our mission to see change and change the world.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
This is what a typical week would like for you:
- Generate pipeline from new logos, navigate US Federal accounts to identify new business opportunities and expand relationships, close sales.
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships as needed.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers for prospect meetings and presentations, generate proposals and present pricing to executive level buyers.
- Maintain pipeline and forecast.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Demonstrated success prospecting finding and winning business with new customer.
- 5+ years of related experience in Software and/or Data as a Service sales.
- Experience selling to Federal customers including understanding the nuances of sales cycles and how to navigate multiple agencies/divisions.
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Ability to forecast accurately and manage a pipeline of opportunities.
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts.
- Ability to do deep discovery and build relationships to engage in complex pricing negotiations.
- Excellent communication skills, multiple languages is always a plus.
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Live in the United States.
- Experience with CRM, outreach tools and forecasting solutions preferred.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.