Account Manager/New Business Development, Consumer Electronics (Germany) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Your goal as the Account Manager/New Business Development for consumer electronics at Wish is to develop our growing 1st and 3rd party business, using data-driven analysis to bring optimal supply that delivers results, through understanding our Wish platform and the needs of our customers.
A successful Account Manager/New Business Developer will be able to effectively identify growth opportunities and work with external partners and internal stakeholders to remove barriers and find solutions to grow our merchant base in Germany.**
The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce growth at scale, has a strong innate curiosity, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing
- Build & grow key consumer electronics brands, via 1st and 3rd party relationships
- Process 1st-party purchase orders, catalogue creation & shipping plans, in timely manner
- Evaluate supplier quotes and key benchmarks
- Support Senior Buyer in day to day administrative tasks
- Proactively manage technical and operational hurdles in new merchant on-boarding
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and leverage data to drive decision making
**You'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in Germany.**
- Minimum 1-2 years job experience (consumer electronics experience essential, and refurbished electronics is preferred); exceptional recent college graduates will be considered
- Knowledge of the fast-moving consumer electronics and online shopping industry, particularly with marketplaces & marketplace sellers
- Previous experience in a similar role strongly desired (Buying, Account Management, Sales, Marketing)
- Highly competitive, smart, detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Strong personal presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, & proficiency in CRM systems
- Team-oriented but has the ability to work independently
- Agile individual with the ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Must be fluent in German and English
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.