Business Development Associate at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm provides honest financing options to consumers checking out at online stores. The Business Development Associate will work on the Strategic Brands team, helping the BD and Sales team identify and drive opportunities to build our business. This role will have a direct impact on top-priority organizational goals and will provide accelerated career development with a world-class team.
What you'll do
- Drive new business by identifying, qualifying, and developing new partnership opportunities for Affirm
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives and the rest of the Sales & BD team to strategize creative outreach campaigns and determine priority of outreach based on potential impact
- Manage the first stages of the Sales & Business Development pipeline by performing initial outreach and nurturing leads through various inbound channels, including phone, email and social
- Engage potential partners about their goals and challenges, and educate them on the value of Affirm
- Develop best practices and efficient processes for growing our merchant partner base
- Contribute significantly to Affirm's growth as we scale our core business and product
What we look for
- Strong passion for Affirm's mission, and for E-commerce and/or finance
- Ability to work closely with x -functional teams internally; credit, legal, operations, etc.
- Minimum 3 months of prior work experience
- The desire to pursue a role in sales, and the drive to be successful
- Grit. Lots of grit. You need to embrace challenges and be willing to work hard to achieve audacious goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, and strong time management skills
- Creativity and strong critical reasoning skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and evolving work environment
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA41
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.