Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm provides honest financing options to consumers checking out at online stores. The Business Development Associate will work on the Strategic Brands team, helping the BD and Sales team identify and drive opportunities to build our business. This role will have a direct impact on top-priority organizational goals and will provide accelerated career development with a world-class team.
What you'll do
- Drive new business by identifying, qualifying, and developing new partnership opportunities for Affirm
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives and the rest of the Sales & BD team to strategize creative outreach campaigns and determine priority of outreach based on potential impact
- Manage the first stages of the Sales & Business Development pipeline by performing initial outreach and nurturing leads through various inbound channels, including phone, email and social
- Engage potential partners about their goals and challenges, and educate them on the value of Affirm
- Develop best practices and efficient processes for growing our merchant partner base
- Contribute significantly to Affirm’s growth as we scale our core business and product
What we look for
- Strong passion for Affirm's mission, and for E-commerce and/or finance
- Ability to work closely with x-functional teams internally; credit, legal, operations, etc.
- Minimum 3 months of prior work experience
- The desire to pursue a role in sales, and the drive to be successful
- Grit. Lots of grit. You need to embrace challenges and be willing to work hard to achieve audacious goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, and strong time management skills
- Creativity and strong critical reasoning skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and evolving work environment
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.