Business Development Director, Cloud Partnerships at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About The Role:
As Business Development Director you will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships with cloud providers to accelerate Planet’s commercial growth. You will work across internal and external cloud partner teams to develop, launch and scale solutions that integrate Planet and partner technologies to meet target user needs in agriculture, supply chain, civil government and more. You will build upon Planet’s existing relationships with senior executives and develop new relationships that help to define how Planet can work alongside cloud partners to accelerate vertical solution roadmaps, offerings and differentiators in core markets. This job has elements of strategy, relationship development, project management and execution.
Impact You'll Own:
- Develop cloud providers as a channel for Planet solutions and services inclusive leading partnership roadmap to develop new solutions, launch and promote new offerings and measure / scale pipeline and partnership outcomes.
- Build and deepen senior partnership relationships to enable long-term strategic alignment and partnership growth.
- Work collaboratively with commercial, product, marketing and other teams to align internal resources and roadmaps to support cloud partnerships.
- Set and drive partnership annual and quarterly objectives and lead internal and external partnership reviews to highlight outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with cloud partner leads to forecast, manage and close active pipeline and work across global sales teams to champion partnership offerings.
What You Bring:
- Relevant senior business development experience
- Experience developing partnerships, preferably with cloud providers
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or other advanced degree highly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and business judgement
- Excellent executive communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and tackle new challenges from start to finish
- Collaborative team player with experience working across diverse internal and external teams
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.