Business Development Manager - B2B/Wholesale at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
The Business Development Manager - B2B/Wholesale is one the newest roles on the WishX Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and execute short and long term inbound and outbound sales strategy
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing new business relationships
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients
- Represent Wish Wholesale at industry, partner events and business associations
- Be the Retailer advocate within Wish Wholesale, helping to drive product roadmap
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and leverage data to drive decision-making
- Proactively manage technical and operational hurdles in new retailers on-boarding
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders
- Responsible for new and existing client quote follow up and quote optimization with agents.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- 3-5 years of business development experience, identifying leads and converting to active accounts
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a similar marketing/sales role strongly desired
- Knowledge of the online shopping industry, particularly with B2B/Wholesale retail
- Highly competitive, smart, detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Some background with retail math, and working with retail buyers is important and appreciated.
- Strong personal presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with buyers in their language is vital - especially regarding pricing, deliveries, packaging, sourcing, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and proficiency in CRM systems
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Agile individual with the ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to negotiate
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.