Business Development Manager, M&E at Unity Technologies
By recognizing the needs of potential customers and how our products and services can fulfill them, our Sales and Business Development team helps businesses thrive. Dedicated to helping our customers succeed, when we put our users first it drives us to innovate and deliver for them.
Unity Technologies is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager for Unity’s Media & Entertainment team. You will work within the business development organization and work with key internal & external partners to develop and execute sales strategies to drive new business in the Animation space and beyond. You will be breaking new ground and as such, you must be a forward-thinking leader with a point of view and possess the ability to establish strategic direction, develop & flawlessly execute plans, and encourage others to deliver desired results.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify, pursue, and close new strategic customer and partnership opportunities in Media & Entertainment in order to exceed revenue targets
- Convert Animation and production studios from offline animation pipelines to Real-time animation pipelines
- Utilize creative, “10x” thinking to build the overall strategy for these emerging markets, including pricing, product, and market strategies
- Work with various Unity divisions (including Development, Marketing, Support, Finance and Legal) to gain support for key initiatives and deals
- Understanding of DCC tools and animation pipeline, as a fit for real-time, along with familiarity with current standards and practices
- Experience interacting with artists, producers, animators, technical directors, CG supervisors, and VFX supervisors
- Structure, develop and execute sophisticated strategic agreements that build significant value for Unity, its partners, and customers
- Deep understanding of real-time 3D software and/or XR technologies
- Familiarity with Unity and how it can be applied specifically to the business of Animation
- Ability to recognize product gaps that are consistent across a broad range of customers, and in turn transform those gaps into product recommendations across the Unity organization
- 7+ years field based direct sales experience
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Strong thought leadership and a desire to build out new lines of business for Unity
- Excellent executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding work ethic and level of ownership
- Results-oriented self-starter who thrives in ambiguity
- Ability to recognize new technological capabilities by assembling existing tools
- You are not expected to be a technical expert; however, you should have Unity experience and be comfortable with representing a technology company and working with CTOs, engineers, etc
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.