Business Development Manager at Scout RFP
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:40 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 24, 2020
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout is growing - we are looking for a proven sales development leader to further drive outbound pipeline growth by directing and coaching our BDR Team at our San Francisco office. The Business Development Manager will deliver a comprehensive training program, provide ongoing sales coaching, and monitor sales prospecting activity levels while maintaining a team-oriented, performance-minded culture. Additionally, this role will work with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure the BDR Team is properly positioning our service and qualifying leads across vertical markets while unburdening sales executives from having to engage in prospecting.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the BDR Team
- Oversee the daily activities and quota performance management of individual BDRs
- Quickly ramp new BDRs with training, including product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Provide BDRs with a coaching cadence of time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, and active listening skills
- Establish a library of prospecting resources for the BDR team
- Maintain a high-performance BDR Team culture
- Drive operational excellence through constant innovation
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Conduct selling efforts as needed
- 4+ years of B2B enterprise sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in B2B SaaS sales leadership (Team Lead and/or Manager)
- A history of consistently performing above quota in an outbound sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Salesforce power user, and familiarity with email and call automation platforms
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description