Business Development Representative at GoGuardian (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It’s Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity…to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
As a Business Development Representative, your role will be to be the first point of contact for many schools and districts expressing interest in GoGuardian, as well as seeking new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
You will receive inbound leads and will work at qualifying them properly to ensure that our products are a good fit for them and for our business before scheduling the customer with our Seller team.
You will also work to generate interest in the GoGuardian offerings through daily engagement with prospects and leads. You’ll use your top-notch communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers from first contact until you pass on the deal to the sales team to close. This is an entry-level sales role and we're ideally looking for someone with prior related experience developing leads and cold-calling. However, we're open to someone highly motivated and results-driven who is looking to embark on a sales career.
What You'll Do
- Own a funnel of inbound inquiries, evaluated monthly
- Qualify leads generated from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential customers through cold calls and emails
- Present the GoGuardian Value Proposition
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Meet (and ideally exceed!) quarterly and annual quota targets
- Keep CRM up to date with all sales activity and notes
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Support, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
Who You Are
- 1-2 years’ professional work experience in sales or a similar role, college degree preferred
- Ability to understand customer requirements, build rapport, establish relationships and identify solutions
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow independently
- Proven track record of success and over-achievement
- Rigorous, organized, and diligent with reports
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and “do what it takes” startup culture
- Unfazed by rejection & Coachable
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, giving funds with company match, and more…
Plus the intangible:
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
The typical base salary for this position is $60K per year with a $15K variable. The salary displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire base pay for this position and your pay will be determined by a variety of factors, including your primary work location, skills, qualifications, and experience. Additional benefits information is listed on our careers page.
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.