Commercial Sales Manager, APAC at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:47 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 12, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy has a track record of hiring top talent. This role is an exciting one for an experienced and excellent sales leader whereby the successful candidate will get the opportunity to manage and build a team within the Udemy organisation. The successful candidate will be part of a business that has ambitious growth plans based on the current business trajectory. Key to these growth plans will be delivering progressive revenue goals while leading team members the right way.
In this role, you will manage a successful, talented, and engaged commercial sales team in the APAC region while hiring new talent for future growth. You may be required to build the team with the view of working remotely for a period of time. You will report to the Managing Director of APAC and be a key part of the Udemy for Business APAC leadership team. The role will be a very interesting one whereby it will require a broad range of skills from people leadership to successfully working in a start-up environment to delivering success in the tech space to hiring fantastic talent and lots of other exciting responsibilities. You need to be passionate about leading people, target driven, keen to be part of a start-up journey, data-driven, detail-oriented, customer-focused, business-minded, and intellectually curious. You will be required to take a strategic view of the business while rolling up your sleeves in a highly dynamic environment. You need to have a keen eye for talent and be passionate about the development of your people. To be successful, you should pride yourself as a people leader first, but have a strong process-oriented style as well as a positive attitude which you use to influence those around you.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Build a remote Comercial Sales, SDR and ADR team
- Lead a sales team across core sales responsibilities including acquiring clients; up-selling customers, building pipeline; negotiating, and selling Udemy’s proposition.
- Help the team to bring potential clients to an understanding of the options or solutions that are applicable to their situation, demonstrating how features and benefits match their needs.
- Beat revenue and activity targets on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Accurately forecast new sales pipelines along with add-on bookings.
- Take an active and regular part in team members’ opportunities.
- Demonstrate your passion for coaching and developing employees through personal and professional mentorship.
- Ensure outstanding customer experience is achieved.
- Analyse the various data points available to determine opportunities for the Account Executives.
- Communicate job expectations with team members by planning, monitoring, and appraising individual sales results while holding each team member accountable.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales/Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing, Content, etc. to drive the business forward
- Collaborate with sales operations to identify technology, strategies, and processes to better achieve revenue goals.
- Lead a sales-driven culture in a high energy, dynamic, fun, fast-paced environment
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5+ years of sales management experience
- Successful track record of quota attainment both as an individual contributor and Sales Manager
- Strong understanding of SaaS business and what great looks like
- Managed and build remote working sales teams
- A high energy and optimistic team-player with strong organizational and time management skills
- A passion for hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining highly valued sales reps
- Competence in liaising with customers at an executive level
- Strong drive for results, while retaining a focus on consistently delivering a great customer experience
- Exceptional skills in prospecting, discovery, presentation, buying behaviors, and overcoming objections
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other sales tools
- Get-it-done mindset: not afraid to roll up your sleeves, getting into the data and analyses yourself, and doing what it takes to get the job done - while also thinking and acting at a strategic level
- The ability to work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches - problem solver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, attention to detail, and the skill of dealing with ambiguity
- Strong team player and supporter
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description