Corporate Sales Manager
Amplitude is the fastest growing digital analytics company in the world. With amazing investors (Benchmark, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator, IVP), thousands of companies are using our product, and we are expanding the Go-To-Market function quickly! But we are just beginning to scratch the surface of our market potential and we need more amazing people to join the team and help us continue our amazing growth.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to help lead and build our Corporate Sales team. We want to bring someone into the team who knows how to build and lead aworld-class sales teams that exceed their goals consistently, create amazing customer relationships and truly enjoy working together. We want people leaders that are truly the best of the best and we make sure that our top performers are rewarded handsomely.
What We Need You to Do:
- Recruit, hire, and lead a team of 5-6 Account Executives who exemplify our core values of Humility, Velocity, and Growth Mindset
- Take responsibility for team performance and ensure that sound forecasting practices are followed by you and your team
- Foster a team culture of urgency, accountability, and respect for others by your actions and behaviors - lead from the front and set the example
- Provide frequent opportunity coaching to ensure reps follow a customer-centric sales motion that helps us consistently win business and deliver customer success
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Operations, Professional Services, and Partners to help us operate as one winning team
- Guide and coach the team on how to adopt consultative and challenger selling techniques that help prospects appreciate the value Amplitude can bring as an expert partner in Product Analytics
- Consistently deliver against revenue targets‚ ensuring your team‚ objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year
- Effectively manage the market segment by determining the most effective way to scale the team; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while maintaining a long-term perspective to achieve consistent and healthy business results
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop strategies to maintain maximum competitive effectiveness within these market segments
- Provide focused training, coaching, and leadership to the sales team that will foster success based on a culture of customer success
What You'd Bring to Amplitude:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3+ years of Sales Management experience at market-leading enterprise software companies
- 3-4 years of Enterprise Sales Experience
- Familiarity with customer-centric sales methodologies like Command of the Message, Command of the Sale, Challenger Selling, and Power Base Selling
- Experience leading strategic account planning processes and making key decision about resource engagement and executive relationship-building as part of land-and-expand sales motions across many years
- Experience forming and maintaining strong executive relationships with top company leaders and strategic decision makers
- Proficiency selling complex business applications/technology solutions that involve multiple stakeholders and influencers across many layers of large organizations
- Expertise in selling Software-as-a-Service applications delivered as a part of a subscription-based revenue model
- Proven, consistent high performance against revenue goals, retention metrics and manager ratings
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to manage effective meetings with internal/external customers
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.