Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The customer success team at Planet is seeking a new Customer Success Manager to maintain customer relationships! As a key member of the Customer Success Team, your mission will be to serve as the primary point of contact for agriculture customers, understand their business, technical requirements, and partner with them to ensure successful implementation and a long-lasting relationship. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative thinker, and a great communicator that can help drive customer value and return on investment. In addition, you will utilize your good working knowledge of remote sensing, GIS and geospatial imagery products to be our customer’s go-to Planet ambassador.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Manage all post-sales activity for Planet’s agriculture customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution
- Drive early success for new users by ensuring a positive start to their customer journey through activities such as onboarding and training on new features and rollouts
- Gain a deep understanding of our core products, end user (farmer) needs, and agriculture customer workflows to advise on how to best leverage satellite imagery for improved farm productivity, profitability and sustainability
- Operate as the customer advocate and provide internal feedback on how Planet can drive continuous improvement to serve our agriculture customers
- Ensure customer engagement and retention by proactively leading regular meetings, tracking accounts with churn risk, and work proactively to ensure contract renewal
- Provide excellent customer experience, ensure successful delivery of our services, and produce timely solutions according to customer needs and goals
- Communicate consistently with clients throughout the contract life-cycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Work closely with Sales, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to ensure we meet our customers’ needs
What You Bring:
- Strong and proven track record of successfully managing client relationships
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success, account management or similar
- Good working knowledge of geospatial technologies, GIS or Remote Sensing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers & sales team
- Strong problem solving skills and proactive work style
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Background in agricultural industry
- Ability to write scripts/programs to automate geospatial processing or interact with APIs
Benefits While Working at Planet: Benefits will depend on where they will be located.
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and at a recent Dreamforce Talk
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (For Colorado Applicants Only):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000- $109,800. This role is eligible for commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.