Deal Desk Strategist at Blend
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (PST) on Friday, May 15, 2020
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Blend Deal Desk Strategist, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing the quote to cash processes, and helping to improve sales velocity and operational efficiency. You will be responsible for supporting the development of standard and non-standard deals, shepherding approvals, and ensuring deals are booked properly in the CRM. In this role, you will be helping us to track our renewal pipeline and working with the Sales, Account Management, Finance and Legal teams to help ensure we optimize contracts that support the development of Blend’s long-term value.
How You'll Contribute:
- Draft, review and provide mentorship on standard and non-standard sales orders, restatements and re-terms, amendments and other agreements as necessary.
- Evaluate current processes and recommend areas of improvement in the sales cycle.
- Spearhead new initiatives to help drive further automation and efficiency within the deal desk function.
- Participate in training of Sales team on any updates to deal process or tools from Sales Operations, Legal or Finance teams.
- Work with Sales Operations, Legal and Finance teams to build out robust approvals process in Salesforce (SFDC).
- Review customer signed Order Forms to insure they align with the opportunity information included in SFDC and make updates to SFDC as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and serve as an escalation point to business partners for quote-to-cash operations.
- Act as the primary liaison with all cross-functional business partners involved in the order process to facilitate agreement closure.
- Provide renewals management with regular status updates and accurate visibility to forecasted attrition, and escalate as needed for support.
- Maintain the CPQ database with current products, pricing, approvals, and legal language.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Deal Desk, Order Management, or Finance experience
- Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously and experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong change management skills and experience with a rapidly changing business environment
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Experience detecting revenue recognition / GAAP issues on sales orders
- Steelbrick / Salesforce CPQ (strongly desired)
- Experience in Software & SaaS industries a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k)plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description