Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role will focus on establishing and expanding partnerships with pharmaceutical companies while driving revenue for Tempus product line.
Director of Business Development - Life Sciences
The Director of Business Development is responsible for cultivating and growing Tempus partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to support them in advancing their research, clinical and/or commercial programs. The Business Development professional works cross-functionally with Tempus stakeholders and negotiates with clients to drive projects forward leveraging our products/services in data, testing or patient recruitment support.
- Meet/exceed revenue goals for set product line while delivering on established strategic objectives for specific client accounts
- Source leads, map stakeholders, and outreach to surface relevant client interests and opportunities
- Determine where Tempus products/services are best positioned to support clients’ R&D and/or commercial objectives; negotiate with accounts to drive projects forward
- Secure and manage pull-through of contracts with assigned client accounts
- Build relationships with R&D and commercial executives at partner organizations, enabling identification, development of and support for additional value-creation opportunities
- Develop contract structures and unique approaches to solving a customer’s known challenges
- Employ a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers, approvers and decision makers across the client’s business continuum and influence them to act quickly
- Work closely with Account Team (Business Development, Alliance Management, Operations) to ensure communication/coordination when projects span client stakeholder groups and/or Tempus’ portfolio
- Collaborate with Alliance Management and Operations to manage existing business and identify new opportunities for account growth
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Contribute to the development of the Life Sciences portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Stay informed on pharmaceutical industry, regulatory environment, emerging policy developments and client priorities
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Entrepreneurial sales approach; thrives most in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Ability to set strategies/tactics that are aggressive, but realizable
- Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life; gains energy from solving difficult problems
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Minimum 7+ years in Business Development and Sales in the Life Sciences sector (Pharma / Biotech)
- Preferably 5+ years working with companies who serviced Life Sciences companies in Research & Development and/or Real Word Data
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired