Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Business Development Team is responsible for creating and managing relationships with strategic partners that support Coinbase’s business objectives. We’re looking for a Director, Business Development who will lead a team that works closely with our business and product leaders to identify, prioritize and execute on partnership opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute the partnership strategy and tactics that will help to achieve Coinbase’s business objectives
- Lead high impact cross-functional partnership initiatives, working with product, finance, communications, compliance, legal and marketing
- Create and manage strong relationships with partners who will help drive Coinbase’s growth and the broader adoption of crypto
- Recruit and develop a team that models the coinbase values and who are sought after partners for the product and eng teams.
What we look for in you:
- You are a creative and structured thinker who finds ways to unblock challenging problems
- You have great commercial and product instincts
- You motivate teams to perform at a high level with great coaching and guidance
- You are a strong communicator comfortable presenting to senior executives internally and externally
- You have had a broad set of experiences developing and implementing partnership strategies, including complex, bespoke deals and scalable/repeatable initiatives
- You bring 10+ years total in partnerships/business development experience in tech or fintech
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.