Director of Partnerships, EMEA at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Partnerships, EMEA to join our global sales team and scale business growth. This individual is responsible for leading a team of Partner Business Managers as they build and develop partnerships from the Arctic Circle to Tierra Del Fuego.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Define channel strategy based on Planet’s definitive target markets, key verticals and ideal partner profile. Help the Channel evolve by introducing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, and incentives to extend to partners to drive growth.
- Manage the business relationships with the key partners in the region, Responsible for ensuring that the partners in the ecosystem are conducting business up to Planet’s company standards.
- Guide Partner Business Managers as they build and manage their partner portfolios, ensuring that they have the right coverage and mix of partners to support their regions (resellers, distributors, app dev, integrators, OEMs).
- Establish and implement process, criteria, and controls for selection, management and performance of channel partners.
- Partner with our Partner Engagement team to ensure partners are properly enabled to sell and service our full range of products across the Geo.
What You Bring:
- 10+ years of sales experience including 10+ years of channel sales
- Strong sales leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to work both cross-functionally in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, speaking, and writing skills
- Excellent market research and prospecting skills
- The ability to coach the sales team on a solution selling sales methodology
- Ability to travel as needed
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with geospatial imagery and/or GIS software companies
- MBA or advanced degree
- Training from Force Management on value selling
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.