Director, Sales Enablement at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Commercial Team at Planet is seeking an experienced Sales Enablement Leader to elevate our global Sales Teams! Your mission will be to help Planet continue to build a world class global Sales team that truly understands our customers and their industries, and how we can best serve their needs through the positioning of Planet’s rapidly evolving and unique capabilities. The ideal candidate is a Sales enablement expert, organizational change-agent, creative thinker, and a great communicator. Maintaining a human-centered approach, you will drive our enablement strategy and lead a team that architect, develop and deliver a compelling learning program to help us realize our potential.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Helping Planet become a truly global company in the way we develop teams across all geo’s and Global onboarding of a rapidly growing commercial organization
- Global Sales Enablement Strategy, program architecture, content creation and delivery
- Selecting and deploying latest tools and techniques to power a world class enablement curriculum
- Creating content, resources, tools, sales communications and training to create a consistent message and brand for the sales team
- Working cross-functionally with Sales Operations, Sales, and Marketing to ensure that new sales content and tools align with the corporate strategy, sales process and selling skills methodologies used at Planet
- Gathering and distilling the sales processes and requirements into a comprehensive sales Playbook including Command of the Message adoption and institutionalization
- Developing a common methodology and language for the Direct Sales organization to effectively communicate the value proposition of Planet to the global marketplace.
- Owning the ongoing sales training program to ensure that the global team is always up to speed on the latest product, messaging, and sales process information
- Defining a comprehensive global sales onboarding process to improve ramp time to full productivity of new sales hires and providing the training and tools essential for success
- Delineating a consistent cadence and process for knowledge sharing with the sales team
- Bridging the gap between marketing and sales by communicating upcoming product releases, developing training programs, and providing feedback on what’s working/not and what additional resources are needed
- Establishing, tracking and reporting on key metrics that indicate sales effectiveness improvements, product comprehension, and skill development traction
- Acting as sales champion across the business to ensure that the right programs, tools and content are developed to support sales
- Driving and executing sales kick-offs and ongoing training events in coordination with sales leadership
- Creating a robust Channel Partner sales enablement program that includes both content and training
- Leading a team of talented enablement professionals
What You Bring:
- 5+ years working in a sales related role preferable in software sales or Enterprise sales
- Content development of sales and enablement collateral
- Experience implementing new sales methodologies and identifying the best practices of a high performing sales organization
- Experience supporting a distributed, global sales organization
- Proven success in delivering effective sales training
- Willingness to travel
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience implementing Command of the Message
- Examples where you led selecting and implementing best in class systems and processes
- Ideas and templates for driving productivity improvements in ramp time and for the overall sales process
- A superior cover letter that summarizes your connection to the company and role
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $127,800- $231,000. his role is eligible for commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-AP1#LI-REMOTE