Director, Sales Enablement at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Commercial Team at Planet is seeking an experienced Sales Enablement Leader to elevate our global Sales Teams! Your mission will be to help Planet continue to build a world class global Sales team that truly understands our customers and their industries, and how we can best serve their needs through the positioning of Planet’s rapidly evolving and unique capabilities. The ideal candidate is a Sales enablement expert, organizational change-agent, creative thinker, and a great communicator. Maintaining a human-centered approach, you will drive our enablement strategy and lead a team that architect, develop and deliver a compelling learning program to help us realize our potential.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Global Sales Enablement Strategy, program architecture, content creation and delivery
- Selecting and deploying latest tools and techniques to power a world class enablement curriculum
- Own global onboarding of a rapidly growing commercial organization
- Continue Command of the Message adoption and institutionalization
- Leading a team of talented enablement professionals
- Sales Kick Off events, agenda and delivery
- Help Planet become a truly global company in the way we develop teams across all geo’s
- Develop a common methodology and language for the Direct Sales organization to effectively communicate the value proposition of Planet to the global marketplace.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Operations, Sales, and Marketing to ensure that new sales content and tools align with the corporate strategy, sales process and selling skills methodologies used at Planet
- Bridge the gap between marketing and sales by communicating upcoming product releases, developing training programs, and providing feedback on what’s working/not and what additional resources are needed
- Gather and distill sales processes and requirements into a comprehensive sales Playbook
- Create content, resources, tools, sales communications and training to create a consistent message and brand for the sales team
- Own the ongoing sales training program to ensure that the global team is always up to speed on the latest product, messaging, and sales process information
- Develop a comprehensive global sales onboarding process to improve ramp time to full productivity of new sales hires and providing the training and tools essential for success
- Develop a consistent cadence and process for knowledge sharing with the sales team
- Help to develop and coordinate sales kick-offs and ongoing training events with sales leadership
- Create a robust Channel Partner sales enablement program that includes both content and training
- Define, track and report on key metrics that indicate sales effectiveness improvements, product comprehension, and skill development traction
- Act as sales champion across the business to ensure that the right programs, tools and content are developed to support sales
What You Bring:
- 3+ years working in a sales related role preferable in software sales or Enterprise sales
- Content development of sales and enablement collateral
- Experience implementing new sales methodologies and identifying the best practices of a high performing sales organization
- Experience supporting a distributed, global sales organization
- Proven success in delivering effective sales training
- Willingness to travel
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience implementing Command of the Message
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.