Director of Sales Operations
DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Director to define our sales strategy roadmap and improve sales productivity by enabling our teams to be more effective in targeting, closing, and growing restaurant partnership. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to manage a team of rockstar operators to help make our sales organization the most productive in the space.
Our Sales and Partner Management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, enabling us to collaborate with top restaurants across the country to drive revenue and ensure our partners operate as best they can. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of services, our sales organizational structure is evolving to meet the needs of our merchant partners.
DoorDash is in need of an experienced operator and leader to continue building the team. This will include writing and executing go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization, strategic initiatives to enhance productivity, process and comp design, product roadmapping and launches, resource allocation, and pipeline analytics.This role will play a leadership role within an amazing sales organization that’s scaling quicker than we’ve been able to keep pace with, and we’re looking for someone who’s excited to build from the ground up. The position will require relentless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure the team is working towards the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Devise and execute initiatives against the overall sales org strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Optimize – Build the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply rep productivity
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 10+ years of experience in strategy and operations, business development, operations, or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- 3+ years of direct management experience, hiring, developing, and retaining top talent.
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; advanced SQL experience strongly preferred as is experience with Salesforce
- Expert leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.