Director of Sales, West at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
The Director of Sales position will be one of the most challenging and impactful roles at Alto as we scale from 6 markets to over 50 locations over the next 36 months. You will be responsible for growing the adoption of Alto among providers and patients, building teams, informing and evolving our sales processes, and ultimately establishing Alto as a dominant pharmacy player throughout your geography.
Work closely with marketing, therapeutic area GMs, product and operations, and your local pharmacy teams to guide and execute our growth strategy. Establish key customer relationships throughout your geography, engaging providers, patients, manufacturers, health systems, and health services as you expand Alto’s footprint en route to building a billion dollar book of business. Perhaps most importantly, you will do all of this while staying grounded in Alto’s Mission; never compromising our commitment to keeping the patient at the center of all that we do. This role may be based anywhere on the West Coast.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Deliver a second-to-none pharmacy experience for patients and providers, making Alto the market leading pharmacy in your market.
- Build and manage a motivated team of 15+ Partnerships Managers, partnering with our Recruiting team to identify and engage outstanding prospects.
- Provide high quality training, coaching, and development of new and tenured Partnerships Managers in all phases of their work.
- Cultivate a culture of accountability and results, leveraging KPIs, key milestones and account-level reviews to drive performance on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an active selling role with key accounts and health systems; develop relationships with clinical and economic champions at new and existing customers to best understand customer needs
- Plan and conduct strategic sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives to deliver consistently high results.
- Develop a deep understanding of your market and communicate actionable insights that inform our launch and go-to-market decisions and subsequent growth. You will spend time speaking to providers, patients, manufacturers, health systems, and health services and analyze data to validate your hypotheses.
- Collaborate with senior leadership in setting strategies and OKRs for your team and drive on the ground sales and marketing initiatives
- Be an internal champion for your market with cross-functional teams and communicate product/fulfillment/operation needs to HQ.
- Participate in strategic planning and sales forecasting. Provide market insights, trends, competitive activity and conditions.
- Meets and exceed overall sales goals and quotas
A Bit About You:
- At least 10+ years experience in B2B sales or business development
- 5+ years of experience managing sales teams with a demonstrated track record of over-achievement
- Experience building, maintaining, and effectively managing a healthy sales pipeline of $100M+
- Record of defining and using operational metrics to build long-term strategy
- Experience forecasting sales results
- Experience working cross-functionally to make your geography successful
- Able to travel at least 50% of the time
- Experience in the Pharmacy, Healthcare, Digital Health or Health Tech industries
- Deep expertise and established relationships in the HIV/PrEP, Diabetes/Endocrinology, and Cardiology therapeutic areas
- Ability to thrive in a remote office, leading a large team across multiple geographies
- Experience managing managers.
- B.A/B.S, MBA preferred
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.