Director of Sales
Skillz is the largest mobile platform that matches players around the world in fair competition for real prizes. The company helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties.
Hundreds of millions of people play and compete with others in mobile games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue. Skillz works with 20,000+ game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments for 30 million mobile players worldwide.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as the National Football League’s investment arm, 32 Equity. The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
As Director of Sales, you will be in charge of acquiring new business and accelerating platform growth, which means you will have a direct impact on overall Skillz growth. You will be part of the core management team in San Francisco, reporting to the VP Sales. You will manage and grow our team of Inside and Enterprise Account Executives with the goal of getting every game onto the Skillz platform. You are entrepreneurial, operationally minded, and can weave process and creativity together to deploy and scale sales performance across individuals and teams, with a worldwide territory.
- Recruit, manage, and retain a high performing Developer Relations sales team, across Inside and Enterprise sales
- As a Player-Coach, identify and sign new mobile game developers onto the Skillz platform with the sales team
- Set and meet Key Performance Indicators and Objectives and Key Results with the Skillz executive team
- Develop and maintain sales best practices, pitches, objection handling, and issues resolution.
- Leads all contract negotiation processes
- Work cross functionally with Sales Operations and Content teams to reach team goals
- Achieve and consisten
- tly exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals
- 4-6 years of sales management experience, managing multiple teams
- 5-10 years of total professional experience in sales
- Preference for backgrounds in Game Services: Monetization, Advertising, Analytics, Platform, Game Engine, Business Intelligence, SDK, Rewards
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.