Director of Sales at Skillz
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
As Director of Sales, you will be in charge of acquiring new business and accelerating platform growth, which means you will have a direct impact on overall Skillz growth. You will be part of the core management team in San Francisco, reporting to the VP Sales. You will manage and grow our team of Inside and Enterprise Account Executives with the goal of getting every game onto the Skillz platform. You are entrepreneurial, operationally minded, and can weave process and creativity together to deploy and scale sales performance across individuals and teams, with a worldwide territory.
- Recruit, manage, and retain a high performing Developer Relations sales team, across Inside and Enterprise sales
- As a Player-Coach, identify and sign new mobile game developers onto the Skillz platform with the sales team
- Set and meet Key Performance Indicators and Objectives and Key Results with the Skillz executive team
- Develop and maintain sales best practices, pitches, objection handling, and issues resolution.
- Leads all contract negotiation processes
- Work cross functionally with Sales Operations and Content teams to reach team goals
- Achieve and consisten
- tly exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals
- 4-6 years of sales management experience, managing multiple teams
- 5-10 years of total professional experience in sales
- Preference for backgrounds in Game Services: Monetization, Advertising, Analytics, Platform, Game Engine, Business Intelligence, SDK, Rewards
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.