Enterprise Sales Business Development Representative at Scout RFP
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:40 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 24, 2020
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout is looking for motivated, creative Business Development Representatives to help us connect with sourcing leaders around the globe. Working closely with our sales, marketing, and operations teams, you’ll be responsible for researching, prospecting, and sharing the Scout story with interested sourcing leaders at companies like Smucker's, Splunk, Levi’s, and hundreds more.
Candidates must be self-motivated individuals with a competitive attitude who love working with a passionate team, solving problems for customers, and continually improving company processes and culture. You must have previous experience learning on your own, an ability to thrive in unknown territory, and a desire to contribute. A key engine in our demand generation and sales strategy, our BDRs help us share our vision for strategic sourcing, provide procurement teams with the opportunity to talk their trade, and spread the Scout brand worldwide.
If you’re looking for a career in sales and this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you and learn more about your path, and how Scout can help prepare for a successful career in sales. Check out the details below, and please introduce yourself.
Where you'll contribute to our success:
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and operations to prospect candidates and schedule well-qualified introduction calls and demos
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists and pass sales-ready leads to account teams
- Work across channels (web, email, phone, and in-person) to convert prospects into true believers
- Become a trusted resource and guide for interested prospects building their own sourcing centers of excellence
- Lead the research and contact collection to build a world-class sourcing leader database
- Make recommendations and improvements to the prospecting customer acquisition process
- Work with customers and internal experts to find the most exciting, unexpected, and impactful stories from our diverse customer base to feature on calls
What you'll bring to the table:
- You're a confident communicator, comfortable speaking with managers, executives, and customers
- A measurable track record of succeeding in a goal-oriented environment
- You believe that customer success and satisfaction starts with sales and continues across the company
- You're creative and a self-starter, with a desire to help people see a problem in a new light
- You act independently when necessary, creating and executing plans for improvements and implementation
- A great attitude and a desire to have your work make a REAL impact to your company and its customers
- Creativity, persistence, and inquisitiveness about enterprise technology, procurement, and collaboration, and the desire to help enterprises solve problems in new ways
- A team player, self-motivated, results driven, with excellent communication and organizational skills. When you find problems, you look to identify solutions
- Experience in the world of enterprise B2B SaaS is a definite plus
- A 4-year Bachelors degree
For an emerging sales professional, there’s no better environment to advance your career, develop your skills, and make an impact along the way. Scout’s customers – brands like Airbnb, Levi's, Adobe, Smucker's, and Owens Corning - will challenge you daily with fascinating technical and business problems. As you mature in this role, you’ll have the chance to work with global leaders, learn from industry mavericks, and share your perspectives (literally) on a grand stage.
And beyond that, at Scout you’ll find:
- A dynamic, engaging, team-oriented environment
- A company who lives by, and holds ourselves accountable to, our core values
- The freedom to be creative and make a difference
- Opportunities to grow while charting your own career path
- A team invested in your success, with constant coaching, development, and advancement opportunities.
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description