Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are in the pinnacle of exciting times for innovation in Earth Observation. This is because of two reasons monitoring the earth for forestry, agriculture, biodiversity and climate change has become accessible and the European Green Deal Strategies and Policies are paving the way for the future in Europe. Planet plays an important role in making this data accessible to the EU Governmental institutions. The ideal candidate for this position is a driven, independent thinker who is also creative in finding new and dynamic ways to expand Planet’s EU government business. The EU Government Institutions Sales Lead will be responsible for growing Planet sales pipeline and book of business from EU Government institutions. You will have a proven track record of selling to EU Institutions, with an extensive network and able to navigate procurement processes and frameworks. You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large and medium-size deals and drive sales revenue targets. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background.
This role owns the responsibility for developing a pipeline of strategic sales opportunities and the ability to forecast the expected book of business accurately. Above all, we want our EU Institutions Sales Executive to enjoy our unique value proposition and join us in Planet’s mission to see change and change the world.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Planet’s overall business success with EU Institutions.
- Develop strategic plans for Planet’s EU Institutions business
- Achieve your EU Institutions sales target
- Develop a pipeline of strategic sales opportunities to achieve and exceed your sales targets.
- Work in close collaboration with the Government Sales team and Leadership team.
- Work with Planet’s marketing team to run campaigns to attract and identify new opportunities.
- Work with a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will generate contacts and leads to hand off to you for pursuit.
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales, and manage customer expectations as the company grows.
- Collaborate with the Sales team in fostering customer relationships.
- Manage the contracting and EU Institutions procurement process.
- Work closely with pre-sales staff to ensure a cohesive effort is put forth when demonstrating Planet products and services and achieving a technical win.
- Work closely with our post sales organization and customer success team to ensure successful long-term relationships and a sustainable business.
- Maintain strong pipeline hygiene using Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate and innovate as needed to create customer-facing presentations and proposals unique to the prospect and situation.
What You Bring:
- Track record of success closing business with EU Institutions, including ESA, JRC, Frontex, EU SatCen, EMSA, EEA, etc.
- Deep understanding of the decision and procurement processes of EU Institutions
- Existing relationships across EU Institutions and the partner ecosystem
- 8+ years’ experience in dealing with EU Institutions, including understanding the nuances of Government sales cycles and how to navigate through the sales process
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in a start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM System
- Strong technical understanding
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-NB1