Key Accounts Director at Komodo Health
Komodo Health is transforming healthcare predictive analytics with its own proprietary data cloud and streaming data analytics platform. Our real-time healthcare intelligence engine provides healthcare business leaders with the tools to modernize and improve the way they engage and serve the medical community, and the result is a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem.
Our Life Sciences team seeks experienced and entrepreneurial Key Accounts Directors that are ready to lead and grow a team of Account and Customer Success team members. This is an excellent opportunity for accomplished Life Sciences account executives to have massive impact at a fast-growing technology company.
The Key Accounts Director will work with Komodo Health customers to ensure successful engagement with Komodo products and services, leading to customer retention and expansion of our business. This includes support of existing accounts and building new customers in specific assigned accounts in the eastern, US region. The role requires comfort interfacing with a diverse set of Life Sciences customers ranging from senior executives across Medical Affairs, Commercial (Marketing, Sales, and Analytics), and Clinical Operations, and an ability to engage, communicate, consult, and partner effectively.
At Komodo Health, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers. Komodo Health is backed by leading technology investors on the East and West Coasts, and is partnered with leading academic institutions, technology leaders and life sciences thought leaders.
- Serve as account point of contact for life science customers and work with Komodo Customer Success Managers to ensure SaaS deployments and projects lead to sustained customer value and ongoing customer success (anticipated travel of 20-40%)
- Develop and grow relationships with life science customers to support engagement with Komodo products and development of customer champions
- Measure, track, and grow customer health to ensure successful renewal of current subscriptions
- Lead in-logo sales initiatives to execute against Komodo's Life Sciences customer growth strategy, including development and implementation of account expansion strategy from lead generation to close of SaaS contracts
- Own and deliver against renewal and expansion targets at assigned accounts
- Collaborate and share customer feedback with internal Product, Engineering, and other cross-functional colleagues to enhance ongoing product development efforts
- Recruit, deploy, and lead team of Account Managers and Customer Success Managers
- 7+ years experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility delivering products or services to life science customers, within innovative technology or commercial solutions providers to the industry, top consulting or boutique life sciences consulting firms, or advertising agencies
- Consistent attainment or out-performance of sales goals at a technology, services, or consulting company serving life sciences
- Exceptional storytelling, communication, and interpersonal skills, and experience owning high-profile client relationships
- Successful track record of developing long-term business relationships with life science customers in Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and/or IT / IS
- Experience managing strategic accounts with penetration into multiple customer groups
- Ability to successfully manage multiple client interactions and projects with high quality and grace under pressure
- Agility to work across internal teams to deliver to customer contractual requirements, especially with Product and Engineering
- Flexible mindset to embrace use of new software applications and cloud-based communication tools
- Demonstrated track record of growing and retaining high performing teams and culture in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing startup environment
- Sincere interest in working at an early-stage startup and scaling with the company as we grow
- BA or BS degree
Nice to Have
- Prior experience selling and servicing cloud-based SaaS products
- Prior client-side experience in Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Research, or Clinical Development for assets in Phase II and beyond
- Data analysis skills, with strong interest and passion for leveraging data to generate unique intelligence and insights for competitive advantage
- MBA, PhD, or MS in a scientific or technical discipline
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and accessories)
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location in San Francisco
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.