Maker Sales Account Executive at Faire
Faire is revolutionizing the wholesale industry by empowering independent Retailers and Makers to be relevant and successful in a technology-enabled era.
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local Retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 60,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. It’s a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy and fulfillment that’s become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness and passion get rewarded.
Faire's quality, depth and breadth of Makers is its strongest value to Retailers. Our Maker Acquisition Team is at the forefront of our success, ensuring that the best and most relevant Makers are on our platform. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by growing our supply of quality products and ensuring that we are ready to service our next segment of Retailers.
We are a growing team and need a self-starter who can ramp quickly and manage a high-volume pipeline of leads. You communicate candidly. You are a pro at prioritizing. You are hungry & proactive. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in making Faire the de-facto platform for Makers to distribute their products and for independent Retailers to source amazing products for their stores.
What you’ll do
- Own a pipeline of hundreds of Makers/Brands a week, and accelerate the lifecycle from a sourced or referred lead to an active Maker/Brand Faire
- Iterate on our value props, processes, tactics and sales strategy
- Collaborate with our Maker Success and Data science teams to understand the types of makers who perform best on Faire and bring more of them onboard
- Represent Faire at all relevant fairs and events
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of tech sales experience
- Experience managing a sales funnel
- Passion and empathy for lifestyle brands and entrepreneurs
- Hunger for a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone, and through email
- A team player who’s able to work in a fast-paced environment with technical and non-technical teams
What we’d love
- Experience in and comfort with technology and learning new SaaS tools (ie, SalesLoft, Mode, custom internal tools) is a plus
- Mastery of Salesforce
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.
To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.