Position: Manager, Corporate Development
Location: San Jose, California (can be remote from anywhere in North America)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner's MQ for 9 consecutive years and created the emerging SASE and ZTNA categories. Our purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire collaborative, creative, hardworking and humble people that are passionate to make a difference.
As a Manager, Corporate Development you will be responsible for some of Zscaler's most strategic corporate initiatives including venture investments, mergers and acquisitions, and integration. The Corporate Development team focuses on how to advance Zscaler's strategic vision through these activities in close partnership with product and business leaders throughout the Zscaler organization. You will be responsible for identifying areas of interest and engaging externally with companies in the security ecosystem to find the best fit. We continue to grow and we are looking for individuals with a passion for cloud security, relationship building, and deal-making to help accelerate our mission.
Responsibilities/What You'll Do:
- Secure executive-level introduction meetings with top executives from targeted technology partners
- Create and manage a pipeline of potential investment, joint venture and acquisition opportunities
- Serve as a day-to-day lead across all aspects of the venture investment and M&A transaction process
- Work with internal partners to build financial analyses and models to evaluate potential transactions
- Lead the negotiation of transaction terms and conditions
- Stay on top of M&A trends within the cybersecurity sector, clearly communicate key trends and observations
- 4+ years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, and/or venture capital required; MBA preferred
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry strongly preferred
- Pre-existing relationship network in the security industry and with Silicon Valley companies strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of venture investment and M&A processes, including strategic evaluation, negotiation, structuring, due diligence and execution
- Strong business modeling and valuation skills
- Ability to present, articulate, and defend analysis with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.