Manager, Deal Desk at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:11 a.m. (PST) on Friday, May 1, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Udemy for Business (UFB) Revenue Operations team’s mission is to enable all go-to-market teams to scale and grow top-line revenue efficiently. The team supports our mission by delivering the process and information flows that drive the entire customer journey optimization, promoting cross-functional alignment, overseeing resource and performance planning, refining key processes to increase efficiencies, and adopting best-in-class tools and technologies to support the entire UFB go-to-market universe from lead generation to customer invoicing.
As the Manager of Deal Desk, you will be directly contributing to the growth of our B2B business by building out the systems, process, and infrastructure to help scale our organization to the next level. This role is a cross-functional leadership role, working with senior leaders and executives across Sales, Customer Success, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Product, and other teams. You will meet with stakeholders to create winning deal structures that maximize revenue opportunities and drive the feedback loops that ensure healthy revenue growth. This position reports to the Head of Revenue Operations.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Lead, train, mentor and inspire our Deal Desk team (currently a team of 3) who support our Global Sales and Customer Success Organization
- Manage team’s goal-setting processes, ensure team members perform in alignment with goals, conduct performance evaluations, and define career path and performance standards for the Deal Desk team
- Build, maintain and report on business KPIs to senior management and broader deal desk committee
- Own, define and refine the scope of what a standard deal is for our business
- Lead the review, alignment, and drive of non-standard deals across the entire organization, serve the needs of the business and ensure a healthy revenue stream
- Define and implement an operational strategy for the Deal Desk team
- Own the initiatives for the Deal Desk team, particularly related to price realization improvements and quote-to-cash processes, in collaboration with Revenue Operations, Billing Operations, Legal, Pricing Committee, Product Management, and other functions.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 6+ years experience in deal desk, contracting, pricing strategy, or sales finance
- 2+ years as a people manager with an inspirational management style and an ability to create a cohesive team with a focus on people development
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ at a SaaS company
- Global experience with structuring and guiding complex deals to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, coaching and mentoring skills
- Scalability-minded with an eye for process and a drive for continuous improvement
- Service-oriented and not above rolling up your sleeves to solve any problem across the company
- Working knowledge of software pricing, discounting, value-positioning, and revenue recognition concepts
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description