Manager, Solutions Engineering at Blend
| San Francisco | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 16, 2021
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Manager of Solutions Engineering, you will guide and grow a team of Strategic and Enterprise Solutions Engineers in supporting our prospects and customers as they evaluate and grow with Blend’s suite of products. In addition, you will work cross-functionally across Blend’s business to keep your team aligned with key internal partners, drive account strategy, and identify and address areas we can operate more effectively. As a leader of Solutions Engineers at a growing company, you’ll have the opportunity to impact revenue growth, participate in strategic decisions, and help develop the culture.
To be successful as the leader of this Solutions Engineering team, you must have a passion for developing talent, experience proactively identifying and addressing opportunities to operate more effectively, and you must be organized.
Solutions Engineers at Blend are highly respected and play a key role in driving product strategy with both customer and internal stakeholders. We’re looking for a leader who is motivated to continue growing the impact of SEs at Blend and supporting them in their growth and the growth they create for Blend!
How You'll Contribute:
- Recruit, manage, and grow a team of strong Solutions Engineers; support and coach them in bringing excellence to every interaction they have
- Partner closely with sales and account management leadership to achieve quota targets and company goals and foster strong working relationships among SEs, Relationship Managers (sales), and Customer Success Managers (account management)
- Support your team in developing customer-specific documentation. Over the course of 2021, get as close to 100% coverage of Solution Plan documents to customer engagements as possible and solidify the Solutioning process in the customer lifecycle.
- Build and expand relationships with key internal partners your team works with - Integrations, Deployments, Product Marketing, Product, Business Development
- Identify processes and areas of focus that can be improved and institute change to help your team and Blend operate more effectively
- When needed, serve as a thought leader and trusted advisor on Blend’s product offerings to prospect and customer audiences, removing obstacles and delivering differentiated technical and business value propositions and proof points to customers
- Be a team player and prioritize progress over staying in your lane
- [WHEN POSSIBLE] Travel to support customer engagements and to Blend offices where your team is based, up to 50%
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience managing a Solutions Engineering team
- 4+ years individual contributor experience in a Solutions Engineering role (strongly preferred) or a customer-facing role at a SaaS software company
- Passion for and history of encouraging individual development through sharing clear feedback, creating inclusive processes and environments, and using hands-on management techniques
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to develop a deep understanding of the Blend product, mortgage market and our customers' needs
- World-class communication and demonstration skills; experience and confidence providing information and illustrating clear value propositions to highly skilled audiences ranging from on the ground individual contributors up to C-level executives
- Curiosity and a drive to learn something new each day that you can apply back to your work and your team’s work
Benefits & Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description