New Business & Sales Manager at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 30, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
In this role, you will be the bridge between our customers and our technology. It will be your mission to grow our enterprise customer base, build relationships with key stakeholders, develop solid application cases with them, and ensure an exceptional experience throughout the entire engagement. The ideal candidate will have significant experience closing high-value X-as-a-service contracts with large organizations.
What you’ll do
- Account management: Define, maintain, and grow account strategies across multiple segments. Navigate customer organizations to map stakeholders, build champions, and generate buy-in.
- Technical assessment: leverage Product and Application Engineering teams to assess customer functional requirements, application feasibility, limitations, opportunities, and scope. Orchestrate iterative process towards final technical solution
- Business assessment: build business case, derive optimal pricing, articulate value proposition/ROI to customer
- Deployment strategy: think through best roll-out strategy (pilot or not, gradual deployment, etc), effectively communicate timelines, deliverables
- Own the full proposal process from building technical and commercial offer, all the way to price negotiation and legal redlining
- Stay engaged post-sale with existing customers to enable land-and-expand
- Travel to customer locations both during pre-sales and as part of account management
- In addition to closing, be ready to contribute ~25% of your time on building our processes as we grow the team (e.g sales ops, sales enablement, partnerships, etc)
Who you are
- Have 4+ years as an Account Executive performing enterprise, consultative sales on multimillion dollar projects, or 4+ years experience in top-tier Management/IT consulting firms
- Have significant experience working with a solution design or sales engineer to translate customer needs into an integrated system design
- Demonstrated success in selling innovative, complex solutions combining hardware, software, and services to enterprise customers
- Earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferably in STEM) from a top-tier institution
- Experience in robotics, AI, or industrial automation is a big plus
- A team player, collaborative, ready to jump on topics beyond your swim lane
- A problem solver, comfortable dealing with complex, fast-changing and ambiguous environments; proactively bring solutions rather than problems
- Structured, rigorous, tenacious, able to carry forward complex projects involving several stakeholders
- Well-rounded. Both strong quantitative / analytics / Excel modeling skills, and strong oral and written communication skills
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description