Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Partner Business Manager to join our Partnerships team and scale business growth. This individual is responsible for sourcing and building partner relationships, educating and training partner sales teams, and developing sales strategies to meet revenue and profit goals. Responsibilities will include:
Impact You’ll Own:
- Support channel strategy based on Planet’s definitive target markets. Help the Channel evolve by introducing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, and incentives to extend to partners to drive growth.
- Manage the business relationships with the partners in the region, such as commercial relationship, sales and technical enablement, exclusivities, etc. Responsible for ensuring that partners are conducting business up to Planet’s company standards.
- Manage the right coverage and mix of partners within the region (resellers, VARs, solution providers, app dev, integrators). Define partner-specific business plans with quantifiable goals and sign new partners as needed.
- Follow process, criteria, and controls for selection, management and performance of channel partners.
- Summarize partner pipeline and revenue per partner for the region.
- Actively manage partner enablement to sell and service our full range of products. Ensure partners, sales and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue, and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier.
- Drive regional sales through partners and execute go-to-market strategies. Implement strategic sales account plans for all customers and identify business growth opportunities in the assigned customer base.
- Participate in sales cadence of Sales Kickoff, Quarter Business Reviews and weekly Forecast calls.
What You Bring:
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience including 3+ years of channel sales
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, speaking, and writing skills
- Excellent market research and prospecting skills
- The ability to coach partner sales teams on a solution selling sales methodology
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- A strong understanding of home working and the motivation to stay on track
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with geospatial imagery and/or GIS software
- Degree or equivalent business experience
- A desire to win and a focus on customer satisfaction
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-NB1