Partner Support Specialist
You will be responsible for handling all support issues from Udemy’s Instructor Partners, our top and most valuable Instructors on the platform . These are the most complicated or sensitive issues, or those that require coordination with multiple teams at Udemy, from these key instructors. You’ll need best-in-class communications skills, with empathy in your writing. You’ll also need a solid work ethic and mental fortuity, to answer a steady stream of inbound support requests, and be able to jump on calls with these partners if an email will not suffice. You should enjoy identifying and prioritizing problems and communicating trends to other teams, as you’ll often be the first person in the entire company to see what these instructors are having trouble with.
We’re looking for someone who has a love of teamwork, deep empathy for others, and a strong commitment to providing the best experience for our instructors.
In the beginning, you’ll take the time to understand the Udemy platform thoroughly so you can effectively communicate with customers and understand their issues. After learning the ropes, you’ll manage a group of remote associates while providing white-glove services for our top instructors.
You will be an ambassador for our instructor partners and be in constant communication with our associates, top instructors, and our instructor success team. To do this, you’ll be elevating the Instructors voice and highlighting key trends and patterns that the Instructors are experiencing to Product, Marketing, and other relevant teams.
What you'll do:
- Manage Instructor Support services for our top instructors including:
- Technical support escalations
- Resolving time sensitive urgent technical issues
- Fulfill special requests
- Respond to customer Slack channels with partners in a timely manner
- Answering product functionality questions
- Surface product launch issues
- Be able to troubleshoot with our instructor partners over video chat and understand the urgency of our partners issues
- Surface trends and issues to our product teams and other instructor related teams
- Work closely with the Instructor Partnership team in supporting our Partners
Overall Partner Support:
Product Specialist Work:
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- 5+ years in customer support, and/or relationship management
- The ability to demonstrate solid relationship management skills with professionals in a technical industry
- The ability to translate technical jargon for our top customers
- Strong written and verbal communication and cross-team collaboration skills
- Passion for building and improving scalable processes
- Experience troubleshooting technical problems and working with engineering to solve issues
- Experience with Zendesk and Salesforce a plusFamiliar with Trello, JIRA, or other bug tracking software
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description