Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work on a “startup within a startup”
- Serve as a technical expert and trusted advisor to internal and external clients for compliance and investigations
- Conduct training and product demos over the web and in person
- Working cross-functionally internal and external stakeholders in compliance and investigations
- Coordinate and assist with investigations involving blockchain transactions
- Synthesize client feedback and make technical implementation recommendations
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 2-5 years of experience working with financial compliance departments as a consultant, sales engineer, or customer success manager
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance/AML requirements for financial institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of blockchain technology and digital assets
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills: you can dig into the technical details of a problem and turn it into a proposed solution
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Experience making product recommendations based on client feedback
- Flexibility to work with clients globally
Nice to haves:
- Experience with implementing new compliance infrastructure for financial institutions
- Previous experience performing blockchain-related investigations related to fraud/illicit activity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.