At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with e-mail and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Ceridian, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. We have offices in San Francisco, Denver, and New York, and several of us work remotely.
Role and Responsibilities
Our product is highly technical — it has to bridge the gap between several very old/proprietary protocols (IMAP, ActiveSync, Exchange Web Services). Because of that, most of our customers benefit from having a trusted advisor that can guide them all the way from the initial stages of the implementation up to signing a contract.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be working alongside Nylas account executives to make sure our customers get the most value from our APIs. This will involve:
- meeting up with customers (in person or by phone),
- sketching out solutions to their problems,
- removing roadblocks preventing prospective and current customers from integrating with our APIs. This can include devising workarounds as well as, working with our Product and Engineering teams to figure out how to prioritize feature requests.
While we strongly prefer that the Sales Engineer be based in our Denver or San Francisco office, we are open to New York for the right candidate. We unfortunately aren’t yet able to open this role up to remote candidates.
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, C#, or any other mainstream programming language
- Experience using APIs to build applications and/or query data
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Some customer service experience (retail, or any other job) would be a plus!
While technical skills are important in this job, they are less important than enjoying meeting customers and solving their problems. We strive to build an inclusive company and truly believe that diverse teams are more nimble, creative, and deliver the best outcomes. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ former startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates, and those with no degrees at all. So if any of the characteristics sound like you, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness stipend
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
We have an extremely diverse and inclusive team where all our empowered to do their best work. In addition to the Sales team values, you can learn more about our company values at https://www.keyvalues.com/nylas.
Our benefits and perks are outlined in our open-source handbook.
Read Full Job Description