Sales Operations Specialist, Americas at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
This role is responsible for aligning services with sales, supporting sales strategy and related revenue execution, and will be closely aligned with global sales, solutions engineering, services, product and finance leadership.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Perform sales forecasting, manage forecasting and data analysis to provide valuable insight into GEO’s performance.
- Oversee the sales funnel by tracking conversion rates through each stage of the funnel, analyzing pertinent data to make sound recommendations for how to improve the funnel’s performance.
- Streamline and optimize the sales process, ensuring the efficacy of company’s sales process and implementing improvements
- Develop sales strategies and initiatives required to drive sales in a business organization.
- Manage CRM data, audit data for consistency, setup automations, workflows and validation, and manage custom requirements.
- Work with sales leadership to develop organizational goals.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and lead periodic business reviews (monthly and quarterly) with Sales Geo Leaders.
- Run and manage internal Sales Operations initiatives and projects.
- Implement and define global standards and practices in assigned geography.
- Conduct on-going analysis and reporting strategy on territory performance.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, sales operations or business operations, using Salesforce.com and CPQ, Salesforce Admin Certification is a plus.
- Experience working within sales forecasting and process tools like Clari, ISeeit, etc.
- Ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside of the organization.
- A forward thinker and business-focused who takes the initiative and identifies gaps in workflows and makes recommendations.
- Self-starter attitude with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- High degree of ownership and commitment to work quickly and accurately in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams in different time zones.
- Exceptions communication and system skills.
- Project management tools and skills a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working proficiency in English, additional languages a plus.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.