Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst
DoorDash is looking for a talented Sales Strategy and Operations Data Analyst to drive strategic analytics and insights for the sales and partner management teams. You’ll be working with large complex data sets and cross-functionally to discover insights and turn them into actionable business recommendations.
Our sales and partner management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, enabling us to partner with top restaurants across the country and drive revenue for the business. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of offering, the quality of insights and sales analytical foundation must grow with it.
As our Sales Strategy and Operations Data Analyst, you’ll be a proactive thought partner to the merchant teams, developing and delivering insights for the organization. In this highly analytical role, you will help build the core sales infrastructure and analytics foundation including goal setting, measuring performance of initiatives, lead targeting, territory carving, head count and compensation design, strategic planning and much more.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Use data-driven decision-making to align our sales leadership on key metrics and drive higher productivity
- Experiment – Launch and test initiatives across sales and partner management and measure their impact
- Optimize – Create programmatic solutions with Python and SQL to improve manual processes in Sales and Merchant Services; determine areas of focus through ad-hoc analyses and create proposals for new processes
- Analyze – Utilize statistical knowledge to deep dive into complex data sets and draw insights to help the business understand marketplace dynamics and proactively address challenges; create and own metric tracking in Tableau to convey insights to partners
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects and analysis with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You are highly analytical and always look for ways to improve the process and increase productivity
- Gritty – You have the ability to think globally and strategically, then roll up your sleeves to execute
- Relationship-builder – You are a thought-partner and build trust-based and cross-functional relationships to get things done
- Problem solver – You love solving hard problems and can independently structure and draw insights from ambiguous challenges
- 2-4 years of relevant sales ops and analytical experience; level of role based on experience
- Experience in strategy and operations, consulting, or a high-growth startup is a plus
- Proven track record of advanced data analysis and modeling skills, leading cross-functional initiatives and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; strong in SQL and a relevant object-oriented language (e.g. Python, C++, Java, etc...)
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.