Sales Strategy & Planning Manager at DoorDash
We are looking for a talented Sales Strategy & Planning Manager to join our team to support the growth of DoorDash’s sales and partner management teams. You’ll work cross-functionally between our sales, finance, and operations teams to create clear targets, forecasting, compensation designs, and strategies to build the merchant foundation and scale our sales engine.
As our Sales Strategy & Planning Manager you will combine strategic planning and analysis with operational execution. Responsibilities will range from strategic (designing compensation plans aligned to company objectives and strategy and building consensus among sales leadership) to operational/tactical (driving plan implementation and ensuring metrics can be tracked and monitored in an auditable system). You will lend critical analytical and technical support to the successful administration of sales compensation programs globally while proactively building partnerships, fostering open dialogue and providing creative solutions to issues in real time.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What you’ll do
- Build clear targets and goals for the sales organization and drive planning around headcount, revenue, and other key priorities.
- Develop and maintain sales performance reporting, productivity analysis and trends, and compensation calculators.
- Work closely with sales leadership, sales strategy, finance, and HR/legal teams to align on and be responsible for the development, implementation and administration of new and existing sales compensation plans.
- Ensure compensation plans are effectively supporting the various business goals and strategies and provide analytical support for key projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to provide strategic recommendations and solutions on sales goals, comp design, structure and pilots.
- Manage the monthly commission process for the sales team. This could include managing a team and their monthly processes around data compilation, commission/bonus calculations, statement distribution, data integrity, and compliance with policy and plans.
- Focus on improving standardization, automation, and scalability initiatives to generate a high-level of accuracy and efficiency in the commissions/bonuses and data-gathering process
- Become the subject matter expert on all sales compensation plans, while also gaining a comprehensive understanding of the sales process and drivers for each business unit we support.
- Oversee completeness, processing and analysis of sales compensation software platform.
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 6+ years of experience in sales compensation, strategy and operations, business development or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; advanced SQL experience is a bonus
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.