Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
A startup within a startup, the Mortgage team at Credit Karma is tackling the massive Home Buying and Financing challenge. Our mission is to bring transparency, speed, and consumer choice to the mortgage world by applying technology to an otherwise tech-unsavvy world.
As a Senior Business Development Manager for Credit Karma’s Mortgage vertical you will take ownership for key relationships in one of Credit Karma’s fastest growing lines of business. You’ll develop strategic relationships with leading mortgage lenders, agents, insurance providers and more and be the external face for Credit Karma’s efforts to empower consumers on the home financing journey. You’ll have a significant impact on company growth, and work with an amazing team in a member-oriented, mission-driven environment.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Focus on key strategic relationships expected to drive significant growth in the Mortgage vertical
- Creatively push the boundaries of the consumer experience in the Mortgage industry by identifying and executing complex integrations, and overseeing the end-to-end mortgage experience for Credit Karma members
- Find opportunities and execute partnerships to build out new revenue streams in the Home space
- Execute cross-functionally within our organization while multi-tasking various internal and external requests
- Partner with the Product, Engineering, Design and Marketing teams to envision and drive a better mortgage experience
- Identify, sell, and onboard new strategic partners to better serve our members
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of business experience, preferably in business development, partnerships, consulting or investment banking
- MBA or related Master’s degree is preferred
- Mortgage industry experience is preferred
- Passionate about building great products and advancing Credit Karma’s ambitious mission
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - adept at analyzing and synthesizing data to support strategies and communications internally and externally
- Can independently develop and implement recommended approaches to complex / ambiguous problems
- Ability to work cross-functionally and assert influence internally/externally
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.