Senior Manager, Sales Strategy & Operations (Mid-Market) at DoorDash
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager, Mid Market Sales Strategy & Operations to define our mid market segment and execute strategic initiatives that will enhance sales productivity by enabling our teams to be more effective in targeting, closing, and growing some of the most valuable regional and national partnerships. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build the foundation for a brand new function as we scale from our first sales rep to a full lifecycle sales organization, servicing some of our most important partners.
Our Sales and Partner Management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, enabling us to collaborate with top restaurants across the country to drive revenue and ensure our partners operate as best they can. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of services, our sales organizational structure is shifting to emphasize our commitment to our top merchant partners.About the Role
DoorDash is in need of an operator to oversee the creation of an entirely new function, which will include building and executing go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization, strategic initiatives to enhance productivity, process and comp design, product roadmapping and launches, resource allocation, and pipeline analytics.This role will have the opportunity to build a segment of the sales organization from the ground up. The position will require relentless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure the team is working towards the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Devise and execute initiatives against the overall sales org strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Optimize – Build the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply rep productivity
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- 7+ years of experience in strategy and operations, business development, operations, or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; advanced SQL experience strongly preferred
- Expert leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Natural curiosity – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Grit – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.