Senior New Markets Account Executive I at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive to join the sales team driving Affirm’s New Markets business. Our team is at the forefront of innovation. We look for people who thrive in ambiguous environments and enjoy working on high-growth opportunities. This person will drive high-profile partnerships that will have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the organization.
We're currently focussed on the healthcare and automotive verticals, but are looking for people like you to help us expand even further!
You will identify net new partners, understand their needs, present the Affirm solution and bring them onboard as official Affirm partners. We take a consultative approach, helping our clients maneuver in the constantly evolving, fast-paced digital landscape.
While ultimately responsible for driving new merchant sign ups, this person is also tasked with learning how to differentiate against the competition, structure mutually beneficial partnerships with strategic prospects and work with internal partners to deliver custom solutions to meet the needs of the market.What you'll do
- Build and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Meet or exceed targets for revenue and sales activity
- Find and develop new leads
- Influence senior external and internal partners
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Affirm solution
- Manage pipeline and follow through with presentations, proposals and contracts
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, closings and success against goals
- Be a key thought partner as we build our strategy to enter new verticals / markets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10+ years of closing sales experience. Other relevant experience may also be considered.
- Results: You have a history of driving consistent results against targets.
- Problem Solving: You enjoy solving problems and using your creativity to overcome potential obstacles.
- Relationships: You genuinely enjoy building relationships and working with internal and external partners to drive outcomes.
- Organization: You are able to effectively manage your time and create structure within ambiguous environments.
- Influence: You have strong experience working with and influencing Senior-level management.
- Communication: You can clearly articulate a problem and solution, particularly for custom or novel problems.
- Team first: You work well within a team and have a desire to take on greater responsibilities in order to effectively contribute to the team or Affirm’s overall goals.
- Bonus: Experience with e-commerce and/or healthcare is a plus.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.