Solution Engineers play a pivotal role by providing a technical skillset directly to Unity’s Strategic Partnerships within their given field of expertise. The Field Engineer will be part of a growing team helping start and craft our business in various industries: Automotive and Transportation, Aerospace, General Manufacturing, AEC, Energy etc. Unity Technologies is at the forefront of real time visualization and rendering technology, and will be continuing to set the trend by partnering with Automotive companies interested in using the power of Unity for industrial applications.
What you’ll be doing
- Consult in-depth with companies and users who are planning or already using the Unity Engine to develop industrial tools and applications. Provide technical presentations, workshops or other to help drive user understanding of Unity applications within the customer.
- Support sales teams, providing technical training and support for closing of business. Develop and present technical business cases against possible competitors or in-house solutions.
- Use market trends, customer process understanding & Unity product knowledge to identify technical use cases. Collect data and build quantitative / qualitative business cases to drive technical closure.
- Build positive relationships with technical decision makers and influencers within key accounts and achieve customer happiness goals.
- Advocate for industrial sectors needs internally through collecting customer/user feedback and technical data to provide to the Unity’s product development teams. Influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Participate at company, customer and trade events to support sales goals as the need arises.
- Responsible for driving revenue directly and / or indirectly, and consistently meeting quarterly sales targets.
What we’re looking for
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, math, or a related field
- Strong C++/C#/Unity knowledge and excellent math skills
- Business Consulting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the Unity Engine other real-time rendering engines & deep understanding of the Automotive software and services pipeline, including CATIA, Alias, VRED, Deltagen, Rhino, 3ds Max, Maya and Photoshop.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate diplomatically, expertly and optimally both externally with clients and internally with colleagues.
- Deep understanding of geometry processing, modeling tools
- Strong network and understanding of industrial customers/users (Automotive and Transportation, Aerospace, General Manufacturing, AEC, Energy, etc)
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
- 50% travel required, demonstration of previous work travel preferred
- Experience working with international cross-functional teams in different time zones.
- Proven consultative customer leadership skills
- Have experienced having a sales target and supporting sales teams to meet a sales target.
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.