We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Solutions Architects team, spearheading the Redis Labs customer’s first experience with our solution.
As a Solutions Architect / Sales Engineer, our mission is to drive revenue for Redis Labs by owning all the technical aspects of a sales cycle with a customer or prospect. You will work hand-in-hand with our Sales teams to educate prospects and customers on the value of Redis Labs-powered solutions for their specific business and technical needs. You will drive discovery, presentations, demos, and evaluations by working hands-on with our customers using one of the best technologies in the market.
The ideal candidate is a great listener with a talent for creative solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically, can articulate a compelling vision while never losing sight of the customer’s business objectives.
If you are a technology expert, with a desire to provide potential customers with the best customer experience, this is the right challenge for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $246 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis databases using Redis Labs products, solutions, and services.
- Understand, quantify and verify the business needs of customers and their specific use cases.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C-level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to develop effective account strategies and identify new account opportunities, as well as a new business with existing accounts.
- Present the company, its capabilities, and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that will engage customers and help them see the business impact and competitive advantages of the Redis Labs offering.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product materials, technical best practice and technical materials, while providing feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
- 3+ years of experience in pre-sales engineering (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Hands-on experience with server-side software development and Linux
- Hands-on experience with at least 1 programming language
- Hands-on experience with database programming (NoSQL preferred)
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science / B.A. or equivalent work experience
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time; the location is flexible, working from office or home, per sales team structure and management directives.
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.