Solution Engineer at Scout RFP
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:40 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 24, 2020
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout Solution Engineers are trusted advisors to our customers and prospects when evaluating Scout platform. We work closely with our customer stakeholders, Scout sales teams, and Scout product development to provide guidance, insights, and rigor when considering our solutions. We are a small but very focused team that views itself as critical to growing Scout’s customer base and market share. We’re looking for insightful, hands-on, and inquisitive people who can rapidly translate Scout’s innovative platform into effective solutions for procurement leaders.
We are a rapidly growing team and there is plenty of room to develop. We value individuality and we work with every member of our team to enable them to progress towards their career goals. As a Scout Solution Engineer, you will have our commitment to work with you directly to develop your skills, advance your career, and make an impact along the way. Scout’s customers – brands like Salesforce, Airbnb, Levi's, Zappos, Uber, and Starbucks - will challenge you daily with fascinating technical and business problems. As you mature in this role, you’ll have the chance to work with global leaders, learn from industry mavericks, and share your perspectives on a grand stage, and we will support you every step of the way.
What you will accomplish:
- Work closely with our sales teams, product stakeholders and executive leadership to assess, develop, and accelerate key opportunities
- Customize our solution packages and configure demos to effectively showcase the benefits and the value of our solutions
- Lead and manage technical POCs and user pilots while continuously improving the process for them
- Conduct technical solution and product training both to seasoned and new account executives
- Act as the liaison between our sales and product marketing teams to tailor and fine-tune our product roadmap and market messaging
- Build business cases and guide decisions regarding Scout product roadmap decisions and new investments
- Support field marketing events as a Scout expert and trusted presenter
- Will require some travel to engage with customers directly
- Four year degree from a reputable institution
- 2-3 years of solution engineering, solution architecture, enterprise SaaS sales or consulting experience (3-5 years of presales experience if no advanced degree)
- Proven experience of making custom SaaS demonstrations and running proofs of concept / pilots
- Track record of leading workshops and/or facilitating meetings with multilevel internal and customer audiences
- Excellent consulting skillset, including discovery, analysis and project leadership
- Good sense of humor coupled with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Drive and motivation to take on additional responsibilities over time
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- LOCATION: San Francisco / NYC / Chicago IL
- Experience selling or supporting SaaS solutions and suites
- Experience running Procurement and Sourcing teams or processes
- Experience in implementing Procurement and Sourcing Solutions or workflow-based applications
- Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., MBA etc.)
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description