Solutions Engineer at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
A MURAL Solutions Engineer is a key member of the sales organization, close partner to the Account Executives, and an extension of our Product team when interfacing with business and IT leaders across a multitude of industries. You are an expert at presenting our product offerings and capabilities in the best light to prospects and customers, and ensuring that we can maximize business value in the near and long term as our customers grow with us.
To accomplish this, you will ask many questions to make sure you truly understand your customer and their challenges. You will anticipate objections and challenges, and quickly devise a plan to overcome them. Internally, you will work closely with stakeholders across sales, product, engineering, product marketing, customer success, and the executive team.
As a Solutions Engineers, you will:
- Understand the prospect/customer’s requirements and policies to determine the appropriate configurations to help MURAL scale within the company while meeting the customer’s technical requirements and adhering to relevant policies.
- Respond to customer requests related to technical product capabilities, for example, what we currently support, how it can be used, future product capabilities.
- Facilitate security reviews through collaboration with internal stakeholders including Infosec/Compliance, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Lead technical implementations during sales cycles. This may include configuring appropriate settings, SSO, MDM, or relevant integrations. Additionally, driving any technical issues to resolution in collaboration with Support.
- Ensure a proper handoff to post-sales resources via knowledge transfers and supporting initial onboarding activities.
- Contribute consistent and actionable feedback to Product based on customer interactions. Must communicate effectively w/ engineers, PMs, sales, ETMs, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to & maintain a knowledge base to answer technical product questions that can be leveraged by Account Executives and other Solutions Engineers in sales cycles.
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop assets and deliver training sessions to improve technical product knowledge of existing features to both customers and Account Executives.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Product Marketing, Design and Engineering during the development, launch of new features and products.
- 3+ years of solutions engineering or technical implementation experience within a SaaS organization
- Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve problems in varied and complex deal cycles
- Knowledge of enterprise software space with a focus on security and compliance oriented solutions
- Ability to simplify technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Ability to provide business context to technical audiences
- Understanding of enterprise software sales cycle and stages
- Understanding of of enterprise software customer success organizations and processes
You’re a great fit if you..
- Have a track record of creating assets and defining processes to facilitate scaling
- Have knowledge or experience working with MURAL or other SaaS enterprise collaboration or content management tools
- Have knowledge of a wide variety of business sectors/industries and their internal functions
- Have experience working with a globally distributed organization
- Have experience guiding customers through the use of RESTful APIs
- Have experience with enterprises systems and processes used to support Compliance, Information Security, and Legal functions (e.g. SSO, DLP/CASB, Data Retention, and eDiscovery)
- Have experience with technical requirements to comply with regulatory and compliance frameworks (e.g. GDPR, PCI, HIPAA, FINRA, Data residency)
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.