Strategic Account Development Representative at DoorDash
We're looking for a Strategic Account Development Representative to help connect existing merchant partners with new powerful tools on the DoorDash delivery platform. At DoorDash, merchant partnerships play a critical role in strengthening operations, accelerating consumer growth, and improving our bottom line.
As a Strategic Account Development Representative, you'll be helping to launch a team of sellers who excel in the art of upselling and renegotiating merchant partnerships for DoorDash. The sales team has laid the foundation for what is the single biggest competitive advantage for DoorDash — industry-leading partnerships with the best merchants. Now we need to ensure the partnership terms make sense for both DoorDash and the merchant, with the goal of increasing sales and operating more efficiently.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a thought leader in understanding the business needs of both our partners and DoorDash and how changes in partnership will affect both sides
- Upsell and cross-sell existing merchant partners on the value of increasing their revenue share or buying additional products with DoorDash to attract more customers
- Utilize internal data and unit economic math to transparently explain our business model to merchants and how different terms can affect sales, growth, brand perception etc.
- Own the end-to-end sales process for merchants
- Collaborate extensively internally with Strategic Partner Managers who manage these existing partnerships to approach the merchants with new products
- Lead complex negotiations to structure industry-leading and mutually beneficial economic partnership terms
- Partner closely with regional post sale teams to draft compelling economic proposals for merchants during the sales process
- Uncover valuable information that can help increase the accuracy of anticipated outcomes in key negotiations
- Become an expert in all aspects of the DoorDash platform and which products will drive value for each merchant
- Help create and iterate on an internal playbook for renegotiating our most important merchants
- Travel into different markets in your region (up to 40% travel) - offered flexible hours and the option to work from home
- You have prior experience with leading an end-to-end sales cycle in either a presale or postsale environment
- You have experience working with existing clients to upsell, cross-sell or expand
- You have prior experience working cross-functionally to put together teams and project manage longer sales processes
- You have an impressive track record of being a top performer
- You have a highly driven and ambitious attitude and will do whatever it takes to win
- You have strong instincts in how to be strategic in leading client-facing conversations
- You have the ability to move the conversation in a mutually beneficial direction
- You have the desire and ability to learn and excel
- You have 5+ years of sales experience with at least 2 years selling into existing client base preferred
- You have outside sales experience
- You have a history of high performance against sales goals
- You reside within the region with the ability to work in the office 1+ days per week
- You have a proven track record in leading extensive internal collaboration
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.