Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Strategic Account Manager is a senior sales role. The Strategic Account Manager will focus on building long-term mutually beneficial partnerships with key customers. Through in-depth research and assessment, strategic account managers will build relationships with senior leadership and executives to find opportunities that drive value for their customers. They will help identify problems/opportunities, offering creative solutions, and leveraging partnerships to move both organizations toward their strategic goals.
Strategic Account Managers are consultants who are experts in their business and good at problem-solving. Their focus is on becoming trusted advisors with customers by educating them on our unique business value, in order to maximize the future revenue potential of the account. Strategic Account Managers should also have strong leadership skills to lead their SAM teams successfully. They should have the business acumen to understand financial information as well as Planet’s operations and strategy. They also have strong communication, interpersonal, influencing and planning skills. You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and know the customer segments we sell to. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition and join Planet on our mission to see change and change the world.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Establish Unique Customer Business Value:
- Align with executive led business initiatives
- Translates customer challenges and opportunities into business value
- Position Planet as a trusted advisor
- Account Team Leadership:
- Build an effective business plan and execute upon the plan, Strategic Account Plans, opportunity reviews using MEDDPICC
- Orchestrate and align resources across the Planet matrix
- Communicate at all levels internally (and externally), including C-level
- Drive Results:
- Meet / exceed ACV & TCV quota targets
- Ensure best in class forecasting
- Effectively negotiate enterprise contractCs
What You Bring:
- 8 (+) years of direct sales experience
- Comfortable working with channel partners
- Proven direct sales track record in quota carrying roles with large enterprises
- Software/SaaS experience/ Data as a service is a plus
- “Challenger Mentality” capable of delivery “Thought Leadership” point of view
- Local and international travel requirements
- Familiar with sales methodologies and tools; MEDDPICC, Command of the Message, SFDC, Clari, LinkedIn Navigator, and ZoomInfo
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-RV1#LI-REMOTE