Vice President, Global Strategic Business Development
Unity Technologies is seeking a Vice President Global Strategic Business Development to drive innovation, growth and new business opportunities across the global organization. The Vice President Global Strategic Business Development will report directly to the CRO and will interface closely with the CFO, CEO, CMO, VP Engineering and other key internal & external stakeholders to develop and execute strategies to accelerate both revenue and strategic value across multiple verticals.
The Vice President Strategic Business Development must be a visionary thought leader and possess the ability to establish strategic direction, identify new opportunities to create and innovate new profit centers, develop and flawlessly execute plans, and inspire others to over-achieve against objectives.
- Develop a cohesive global business development strategy that consistently identifies and communicates best practices across the teams, over-achieves against targets, with a focus on strategic partnerships and new initiatives.
- Develop organizational business development expertise and capacity to provide new teams with business development support in order to accelerate their time to market and over-achieve against objectives
- Analyze trends, market needs, and innovation from other global Unity teams and apply those to Unity’s strengths to accelerate both revenue and strategic value across multiple verticals
- Work with the teams to help structure, negotiate and close key partnerships
- Establish and nurture relationships with key partners at the senior level
- Work with various divisions (including Development, Marketing, Support, Finance and Legal) to gain support for key initiatives and deals
- Assist in the development of pricing, product and market strategies
- Experience working for a leading technology ecosystem provider, management consulting, or buy-side financial services firm with a focus on the convergence of hardware and software platforms, analytics, xR (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality), blockchain, machine learning, data, predictive modeling, business intelligence, etc..
- Leadership experience managing a team that spans multiple geographies and cultures.
- Proven track record of starting new practice areas and achieving targets of 8 figures or greater
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication
- Data-driven decision maker with capacity to adapt and experiment
- Experience with a variety of deal structures including strategic partnerships, licensing, distribution, referral, resellers, revenue sharing and partnership sales
- Financial acumen and business management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
- Experience working for both Fortune 50 companies and startups preferred
- Engineering degree or technical equivalent experience desired
- Graduate degree is a plus: MBA or JD
- Willingness to travel 40%-75%
- Deep understanding of the 3d real time visual compute ecosystem for entertainment and enterprise.
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into results
- Proven ability to structure and execute complex global strategic partnerships that create significant value for Unity, its partners and stakeholders
- Strong multi-level relationships with top technology companies in our space
- Proven ability to lead company wide alignment on partner priorities and activities.
- Excellent communication, management and interpersonal skills
- Success in working with a geographically and culturally diverse organization
- Strong track record of over achieving objectives
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.