Content Strategy Manager - Business Skills at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
The UFB Content team delivers on our mission by leveraging our powerful marketplace content model to deliver on-demand learning content to solve our customer’s problems. We are looking for a highly strategic and scrappy executor with a passion for online education to lead the content planning for our Business Skills (think Marketing & Sales, Finance, HR training content). For the vertical you will be the expert in the market and customers’ needs, and will take a data-driven approach to prioritizing content that improves the relevance and differentiation of our collection.
- Become expert in industry trends and student/customer needs in the Business Skills verticals to develop the content strategy and acquisition roadmap
- Develop strategic frameworks to improve the UFB content collection, including but not limited to:
- Analyzing themes and patterns in content consumption to guide new content acquisition strategies
- Optimizing supply and demand to meet customer needs
- Identifying and leveraging external inputs including industry trends and instructors’ expertise
- Partner with the content acquisition teams to improve the speed and relevance of active content acquisition
- Be the content evangelist for the vertical, educating our internal teams and customers about our competitive differentiation
- Partner with our instructors to find new ways to solve customer needs.
- Advocate for, and provide insight on, critical product feature development to help Udemy accelerate success
- 3-5+ years of work experience in strategy, content management, or product marketing ideally in a SaaS based business
- Knowledge of one or more business skills domains and the desire to go deeper
- Exceptional analytical and strategic skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communicator. Your share your insights through presentations and discussions with stakeholders to influence decision-making across the company.
- The ability to get things done by constantly moving between strategy formulation and hands-on, scrappy execution
- A strong appetite for taking risks, learning, and applying those learnings to move fast
- SQL, Google Analytics skills a plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description