Copywriter/Scriptwriter at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team:
The XD team is responsible for all aspects of the user experience within the Rally digital platform (suite of web and mobile apps). These integrated apps allow a user to easily manage their day-to-day health and healthcare.
Your day to day:
- You’ll be responsible for conveying our brand identity and voice through all user-facing communications including text, interactive, and broadcast materials, building a narrative and ensuring consistency across all pages and platforms.
- Write interface copy: In collaboration with the product and XD teams, you’ll craft text with haiku precision to help users navigate the site and complete tasks on desktop and mobile devices. This includes creating a consistent in-product voice for everything from headlines to error messages.
- Human-centered: Drive cohesive product narratives across all digital touch points within the product (and work with marketing, sales, and operations on touch points outside the product).
- Additional copy: Notification e-mails are extensions of our product and voice, as are promotional materials. You may collaborate with marketing on certain aspects of the overall company communications.
- Health content: You’ll write headlines, tips, promos, programmatic content, and some short articles
- for the site.
- Nitty-gritty: You may need to pitch in on presentations, reports, or other items that need editorial help. If you’re up for the challenge, you may be asked to line edit freelance work.
- Experience writing scripts for digital and/or broadcast media
- Gift of conveying complicated ideas with the right few words
- Ability to learn new tools and solve problems creatively
- High level of comfort in a fast-paced environment and with juggling many tasks
- BA/BS or graduate degree in journalism, communication, or related field
- 4+ years of experience of UX, Technical, or Marketing writing, or online publishing/editing
- Expert in AP style
- Fanatic attention to detail
- Prior experience as a UI writer or designer
- Understanding of user-centric design and processes
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment with designers, product managers, and client services managers
- Health, medical, science, or technology writing experience a plus
- Experience with HTML/XML for copy formatting and with content management systems preferred
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.