Copywriting Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is a mobile shopping app that connects over 500 million consumers with affordable goods around the world. Now, we’re searching for a kind, collaborative Copywriting Manager to join the Product Creative team and to help manage and grow our copywriting function at Wish. In this role, you will influence messaging, tone, and the overall experience of millions of users, with high-visibility and high-impact. The Copywriting Manager must be highly invested in the happiness, career-growth, and culture of the team.
What you'll be doing:
- Hire & manage a small copywriting team consisting of both full-time and contract writers
- Focus on mentorship, career growth & culture building
- Be an empathic support system for our writers
- Refine and promote copy as a function at Wish
- Willingness to pitch in for individual contributor projects as needed on projects such as brand building, marketing assets, etc.
- Work closely with writers, designers, marketers, product managers, and engineers on cross-functional projects
- Adjust copy & content strategy based on research, user testing, and data
- 5+ years copywriting experience
- Prior management experience ideal
- Strong mentorship skills
- Empathic and team player oriented
- Tech experience a plus
- Ability to write creatively in a data-driven environment
- BA in English, marketing, or another related discipline
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.