Senior Content Strategist, Merchants at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is seeking an experienced Senior Content Strategist to lead communications projects facing hundreds of thousands of Wish merchants worldwide. As an integral part of the Wish Merchant Communications team, you will prepare, strategize, and release a variety of merchant-facing contents, including feature release announcements, education material & Help Center articles, and more. You will also be in a position to mentor and potentially lead a growing team of global writers who contribute to the vital task of informing, educating, and inspiring Wish merchants worldwide.
What you'll be doing:
- Explain complex business, technical, and policy concepts in clear and easy-to-understanding language for merchants and internal stakeholders.
- Create content such as feature release announcements and Help Center articles to support time-sensitive feature launches.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting tight and changing deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders throughout the project management process.
- Cultivate key relationships with global stakeholders across different time zones.
- Lead the development of tools and processes to improve current workflow and ensure consistent, timely, and high-quality communications.
- Help set standards, best practices, and fresh and evolving ideas as the team scales.
- Proactively improve content accuracy and consistency across all communications channels.
- Mentor junior content strategists around the globe.
- 6-8 years of experience in technical writing, journalism, report writing, or proposal writing in a senior-level capacity
- Strong product sense, with experience in a product-driven web or B2B environment
- A confident project manager with a keen sense of ownership and demonstrated ability to drive projects from start to finish
- Strategic thinker with an eye on execution as well; can flexibly zoom in to be highly detailed-oriented and zoom out to think big picture
- Comfortable working through ambiguity, with the ability to manage competing priorities with ease
- Globally minded, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally across time zones and cultures
- Aspire to grow into a writer team lead who guides and mentors a global team
- Resourceful, meticulous, and fearless
- BA in Communications, English, Journalism, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain or Logistics, or other related disciplines
- Professional fluency in non-English languages (Mandarin, Chinese strongly preferred)
- Experience with mentoring, guiding, or leading teams
- Experience managing Help Center facing a global audience
- Familiarity with content localization process
- Remote work experience
- Background and/or interest in eCommerce a plus
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.