Senior UX Writer at Credit Karma
Are you our next UX Writer?
- We are looking for an experienced UX writer to help grow our Product Design team. Ideally, you’re a UX designer who happens to use words as your design language. If you care as much about how screens flow into each other as you do what the words on them say, you’ll fit right in. We spend as much time perfecting our internal positioning as we do our user facing copy, and believe in showing the math behind our work. If you're an expert in writing and user experience and you want to make experiences that improve people’s lives, we’d love to talk to you!
What you'll do:
- Write UI copy for Credit Karma’s product (web + mobile).
- Articulate the strategy around your copy in compelling ways.
- Treat content as equal parts art and science: showing and inviting people in on your strategy and how words solve problems is a creative endeavor that is enhanced by great process.
- Develop a vision for your product area and help the team build toward it.
- Drive alignment between stakeholders, serving as the capable storyteller who can articulate why any given project fundamentally matters to our users or to the business.
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers to bring your creations to life.
- Help us innovate in the rapidly changing field of product writing/content strategy, identifying new ways of packaging your work and applying your skills .
What's great about it:
- What we’re doing as a company is ambitious and feels good: we’re offering free tools to people that help them improve their financial lives. What we’re doing as a team -- bringing clarity to users around how they can use these tools -- is fundamental to the company’s success.
- We are a relatively new team within the company, so the landscape is wide open in terms of defining the best ways to work and ways to influence product definition.
- You own not only the language of the features you’re responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences help people achieve.
- You have a built-in audience of 80 million+ people who rely on our product for help.
- You'll be establishing many of the processes to make this team successful.
What we expect:
- At least 5 years of UX writing experience
- Experience working in UX (with designers or product managers)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to give and take constructive criticism
- Strong opinions on how content fits into great products and where content fits into the product design process
- Collaborative spirit, able to pitch stakeholders on your ideas
- Appetite for learning new financial scenarios so you can make them easily digestible
- Passion for Credit Karma’s mission in making financial progress for everyone
- Portfolio of relevant writing/content strategy work