Customer Onboarding Analyst at Plaid
!Sorry, this job was removed at 8:56 a.m. (PST) on Friday, March 27, 2020
The Compliance team at Plaid is a cross functional team with deep product and industry knowledge, that designs and maintains controls to mitigate risks, ensure trust in the platform, and enable the business.
Plaid sits in the middle of the fintech ecosystem, and we're the gateway used by our customers to build, test, launch, and scale amazing applications. As a member of the Compliance team, you’ll be responsible for reviewing and evaluating new customers from a security, regulatory, and reputational perspective. You’ll work closely with our Legal, Sales, Account Management, and Business Development teams to help build and maintain trust with developer customers, financial institutions, and individual users.
What Excites You:
- Conducting and managing compliance reviews and risk analyses of prospective customers as they come through the Sales pipeline
- Building, automating, scaling, and improving compliance operational workflows and processes
- Performing periodic reviews of client accounts as required by the onboarding policies
- Being a key resource in developing and implementing the internal policies and procedures required of a rapidly-evolving risk management function
- Learning about and operationalizing relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including those in new jurisdictions to support Plaid’s international expansion.
- Articulate complex and nuanced compliance requirements into understandable concepts both internally and externally
- Help to lead and grow the team! You’ll work directly with Compliance Leads to provide strategic planning on team growth, structure, focus areas, and goals
- Support inbound assessments and audit engagements
What Excites Us:
- 4+ years of relevant compliance, risk, or operational experience with a specific focus on financial services.
- Fintech experience strongly preferred
- Desire to learn relevant laws and regulatory requirements; experience with KYC/BSA/AML FCRA, GLBA, UDAAP, PSD2 or GDPR requirements is preferred
- Strategic decision-maker that can help shape a global Compliance function
- Ideal candidate is positive, collaborative, organized, focused and a self-starter
- Strong familiarity with a range of relevant financial and technical concepts
- Being understanding and empathetic to the challenges of a start-up
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves; you’ll wear many hats and will have to balance cross-functional projects with different stakeholders in a wide variety of roles
- Intellectual honesty and humility; you should be willing to admit when you don’t know something and should have the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description